Dedicated to Georgetown County’s Future -
Now in it's 28th year!
Each year, the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce selects up to 16 leaders, through an application-based process, to participate in a unique 10-month experience that grants class members access to influential people and significant sites throughout Georgetown County as well as hands-on experience with community issues.
Leadership Georgetown County unites diverse leaders in order to increase understanding of countywide issues and improve participants’ ability to lead effectively. Classes meet once per month to examine social, economic, and political issues within the county. Each curriculum day encourages in-depth exploration of specific topics including History, Nonprofits, Economic Development, Education, State and Local Government, Health Care, Tourism and the Environment.
Georgetown County’s future depends upon the vision and action of her leaders. Our citizen leaders need opportunities to develop and enhance the skills that allow them to be successful, and that inspire their commitment to our community. This is the role of Leadership Georgetown County.
- Leadership Development: Develop personal skills that include learning about your personal leadership style, team building, and self-understanding.
- Community Awareness: Learn more about Georgetown County by exploring topics such as economic development, health-care, government, human need, education, and the environment.
- Community Service: Participants will plan and implement a class project aimed at improving the quality of life in the community.
LGC begins each September with an overnight retreat and continues through May with one full-day session per month. The community becomes the classroom as tours are held in a variety of locations throughout Georgetown County. During the month of March, the class will travel to Columbia for an overnight trip to learn more about leadership at the state level and how it impacts the local community. Each session challenges participants to enhance their leadership skills through dialogue, hearing from speakers and experiential learning.
Leadership Georgetown County is an investment that delivers a lasting return . . .
- Develops a core of skilled local leaders.
- Provides a forum for increased community awareness.
- Connects current and future leaders.
- Creates a venue to work collaboratively to cultivate positive community change.
Leadership Georgetown County (LGC) can help you grow in your business and the community. For more information about how you or someone from your organization can participate, contact the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce, 843.546.8436 or email John Bullard at JBullard@visitgeorge.com.
- The Chamber
- Member Center
- Business Directory
- Going Into Business
- Relocation & Tourism
- News & Publications