PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a Grill / Prep Cook, you will be responsible for preparing food as directed by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef of the Club. You will be responsible for prepping ingredients, creating meals in accordance with guest preferences, informing waitstaff when orders are ready, cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas, and monitoring inventory to ensure you have sufficient supplies.
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily prep work.
- Slice, cut, shred, tenderize, and skewer meat and vegetables.
- Braise and grill meat and vegetables.
- Check that ingredients remain fresh and safe for consumption.
- Prevent cross-contamination.
- Prepare meals in accordance with Members' and Guests’ preferences.
- Track the components of each meal to ensure the final dish is completed in a timely manner.
- Establish successful and effective communication with other employees including, but not limited to, communication with the Executive Chef and Servers regarding the timely delivery of all meals.
- Ensure your workstation remains clean, orderly, and sanitary.
- Inform the Executive Chef when equipment is due for maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Track and maintain inventory to always ensure adequate supplies.
- Follow all relative food health and safety guidelines.
- Follow uniform and personal appearance standards, as well as all employee standards outlined in the employee handbook(s).
- Previous experience as a cook.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to follow food health and safety guidelines.
- Level-headed with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the production of high-quality outputs.
- Desire for and commitment to professional development.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Capacity to be on your feet for long hours.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, rotate, climb, stand, push, lift, grasp, and reach.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in various extreme weather conditions.
- Willingness to work with or around sharp utensils, harmful chemicals and/or flying golf balls.
- Flexibility to work shifts over weekends and on holidays, as required.
Year-Round Employment Opportunity
Compensation: $14-$16 per hour based on experience
Benefits: Employees are eligible for benefits as outlined under the employee handbook (subject to completion of specified employment periods and employment status)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume with food/beverage related references to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can submit directly through the posting on Indeed. For questions regarding the position or application process, please contact the Executive Chef at email@example.com
Wachesaw Plantation Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment. Any applicant requiring an accommodation based on a disability should notify Wachesaw Plantation Club’s Office Manager, Shelia Weaver, at firstname.lastname@example.org of the need for an accommodation.