Over the course of more than 64 years, Spann Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. has roofed over 15,000 commercial and residential buildings in the Greater Pee Dee Area and our guarantee stands behind every one of them. We have developed a reputation for an honest, trusted service that will provide quality and reliability regardless of the size or complexity of the job. We need you to help grow and continue our legacy of success.
We are currently hiring a Roofing Apprentice/General Laborer.
Direct Supervisor: Crew foreman
Specific Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities of the Job
- Work with a crew to complete all aspects of jobs assigned by the company, including tear-off, repairs, installation, and other jobs as assigned.
- Be prepared to learn any and all aspects of jobs assigned by the foreman or lead man as necessary for job completion.
- Be on time for all shifts and ready to go at the assigned time with all personal tools and PPE.
- Assist in setup and tear down of safety equipment as instructed.
- Abide by all job-site safety requirements, including PPE, fall protection, and others.
· Participate in weekly safety meetings.
· Attend all companywide training events.
· Participate in manufacturer system-specific training.
· Participate in all other training as assigned.
· Deliver excellent quality and customer satisfaction.
· Learn to perform work according to company standards.
· Collaborate with the team for the benefit of all.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Work Skills – Laborers/apprentices must exhibit the basic skills necessary to work in roofing.
- Roof system installation – the ability to learn necessary skills and execute them correctly
- Attention to detail – the ability to pay attention to quality and safety with a goal of installing correctly and working safely, and a willingness to make improvements
- Language skills- ability to read, analyze and interpret work-related documents
- Safety and security – ability to observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly and effectively
- Productivity – ability to work quickly and accurately to meet productivity standards
- Cost consciousness – ability to contribute to profits and revenues and conserve company resources
Leadership, Management, and Teamwork – Roof laborers/apprentices must be able to work well with others and within a company system
- Leadership – able to exert informal leadership with individuals at all levels of a company as well as customers, vendors, manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors
- Teamwork – the ability to work with others to accomplish goals; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback
- Ability to work 8- to 12-hour shifts, weekdays, and weekends (if necessary)
Driver’s license with insurable record