Tidelands Health adjusts visitation guidelines, hoursMarch 15, 2021March 15, 2021
Contact: Dawn Bryant
News for Immediate Release:
With COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the area declining and vaccination rates rising, Tidelands Health has adjusted its visitor policy while maintaining strict precautions to protect the health of patients, visitors and team members.
The policy applies to visitors at all Tidelands Health locations.
“We are moving forward with updates to our visitor policy after careful evaluation,” said Dr. Gerald Harmon, vice president of medical affairs. “The well-being of our patients, team members and visitors remains our top priority.”
Under the updated policy:
- Visiting hours at all Tidelands Health hospitals have been extended from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Adult patients hospitalized at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital may be visited by one adult patient support partner at a time during visiting hours.
- Patients in COVID-19 isolation may not be visited by a patient support partner. Exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations and other special circumstances.
- Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two adults at a time during visiting hours.
- Patients in the emergency department may be accompanied by one adult after the patient has been screened and cleared for COVID-19.
- Patients hospitalized at Tidelands Health Rehabilitation Hospital may be visited by one adult patient support partner per day during visiting hours.
- Patients receiving outpatient services may be accompanied by one adult.
- All patient support partners will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the door as part of Tidelands Health’s Safe in Our Care initiative. A face mask must be worn at all times on Tidelands Health property.
As a reminder:
- Hospital cafeterias are open only for patients, designated patient support partners and staff.
- Patients who need assistance from the business office should reach out by phone. For the Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital business office, call 843-652-1020. For the business office at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, call 843-652-8201.
- Vendors are only allowed when necessary to support critical hospital functions.
About Tidelands Health
Tidelands Health is the region’s largest health care provider and MUSC Health affiliate, serving the Carolinas at four hospitals and more than 60 outpatient locations. More than 2,500 employee, physician and volunteer partners work side by side with our communities to transform the health of our region – promoting wellness, preventing illness, encouraging recovery and restoring health.Contact:Dawn Bryant , Senior Communications Strategist, Marketing and Communicationsdbryant@tidelandshealth.org, (843) 652-1636
- The Chamber
- Member Center
- Business Directory
- Going Into Business
- Relocation & Tourism
- News & Publications