Carolina Home Exteriors (CHE) is seeking Production Scheduler Manager who can assist us in continuing our growth and success in our beautiful, sunny beach location in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. Excellent opportunity to join one of the Grand Strand’s most respected home improvement companies.
Are you a self-starter with at least 5 years of residential construction project management experience, who enjoys working with people, coordinating day-to-day operations, exceeding customer expectations, collaborating with a team of professionals and earning the trust of your colleagues? If this sounds like you, then you might be an excellent match for this new position.
The Production Scheduler Manager’s main responsibility is to effective plan the production process and departmental activities relating to material, employee, and equipment availability that results in on-time project completions.
Chosen candidate will schedule and direct our Field Supervisors, Crew Leaders and Installation Teams in the efficient building of room additions. This vital leadership position works directly with our Customer Service Manager, Accounting Manager and General Manager.
The selected individual must command good knowledge of scheduling activities in our residential construction production environment with exceptional organizational, computer, and communication skills which will be useful for managing on-time project to customers, creating weekly schedules, meeting production goals deadlines and customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for effectively coordinating all activities related for the entire process of the construction of projects and that all jobs are completed safely on time, on budget and with a high level of quality. Complete customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal
- Oversees all on-site construction, including scheduling installers, subcontractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications
- Schedule and monitor the production process and departmental activities relating to material, employee, and equipment availability
- Ensures that communication between the customer and the installation crews is being maintained
- Accountable for all company vehicles, tools and equipment, including their maintenance and in good operating condition.
- Review production specifications, identify, and report capacity constraints
- Resolve production, manpower and material shortage problems quickly in an order of priority
- Work with the manager to execute and implement process improvements
- Ensure that materials and equipment are pre-arranged for production
- Work with department managers to implement solutions to improve production performance
- Coordinate with service, purchasing, and accounting teams to continuously improve scheduling parameters
- Order and stock adequate materials to avoid future shortages
- Schedule training programs for staff to develop themselves on the job and meet production goals
- Generate daily or weekly production reports to managers for critical decision-making purposes
- Develop production schedules in accordance with sales forecast, material availability and employee capacity
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production or related residential construction
- High school diploma or GED required: Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong analytical, leadership, and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good work ethics
- Superior multi-tasking abilities with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a positive team first attitude.
- Excellent problem solver with ability to work well under pressure.
- Possess intermediate computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel. Smartsheet, Google Suite etc…).
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Typical hours are from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
Carolina Home Exteriors (CHE) is celebrating its 40th year in business. Since 1980, we are the Carolinas' premiere source for outdoor living spaces and custom designed: Sunrooms, Screen Enclosures, Patio Lanais, Pool Enclosures, Porch Covers, Pergolas, Gazebos, Hurricane Protection, Motorized Screens, Replacement Windows and Doors and Custom Home Additions. Having served over 10,000 customers, we continue to grow our reputable company based in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. Just ten miles south of the beautiful beaches of Myrtle Beach, SC. We’re the only home improvement contractor to win the Grand Strand Happening Best Home Improvement Company Awards for multiple years. CHE is an Authorized Dealer/Independent Distributor: PGT® EZE-Breeze® Four Track Enclosures, Custom® Window Systems Doors and Garage Sliders, YKK® Replacement Windows, Four Seasons Building Products®, Renaissance Patio Products® and many more premier products.
As a CHE employee you are part of an exciting partnership, and an organization that is determined to be the best in the industry. Our mission is simply to deliver quality products, on-time with excellent service before, during and after the sale. We strive to do it right the first time and provide our customers with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes vacation, holidays, incentives and more.
All qualified applicants are expected to submit a brief explanation of their background stating why they would be a comfortable fit for this career position, along with a current resume and contact phone number. All qualified candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
No calls please. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Annual Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 plus Incentive for $75,000 potential